Auraria Library offers Dell Laptops and TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculators that may be checked out for the entire semester. Additionally, Auraria Library offers laptops that may be checked out while working in the Library. These items are first come, first served and you may begin the checkout process by visiting the Ask Us Desk.
Semester Long Checkouts
The computer and/or peripherals assigned to you are the property of Auraria Library and are for your use during the academic semester. The patron must accept the terms and conditions listed below in order to participate. To indicate that you understand the computer use terms and conditions, please provide your signature at the end of the agreement.
Terms and Conditions
- Patrons may use this laptop computer during the semester while enrolled in the program. Auraria Library reserves the right to terminate use, remotely disable and or retain possession if any part of this agreement is violated.
- Upon termination of the semester check-out, the patron shall return the laptop and power adapter as instructed in the same condition as delivered or be .liable to for the full value of the laptop or for any required repairs.
- Equipment will be due at the end of the semester and will not be able to be renewed.
- Patron is responsible for backing up/ saving personal files. Devices are provided as-is with no automatic backup.
- Devices shall be returned to the Auraria Library or at the following address: ATTN: Access Services Manager, Auraria Library 1100 Lawrence St. Denver CO, 80204.
- Each software application provided shall be subject to, and used in accordance with, the license and/or use agreement that accompanies that software application.
- All usage of the laptop shall be subject to Auraria Library policies.
- The patron is solely responsible for ensuring that the software settings, default configurations, and administrative privileges are maintained at the original specified settings and will be liable for any resulting damage to the laptop.
- The patron is solely responsible for keeping User IDs and passwords confidential to prevent unauthorized usage.
- The laptop does not contain filtering and/or firewall restrictions that limits access to the internet. The patron agrees to monitor and ensure they do not misuse the device by visiting inappropriate websites.
- The patron is responsible for requesting maintenance and repair of the laptop while in their possession. Requests for maintenance and repair should be directed to the Auraria Library AskUS Desk by emailing the Ask Us Desk
- All repair costs deemed to be a result of negligence or abuse will be the responsibility of the Patron up to a maximum replacement value of $500
- The patron agrees to report a loss or damage that may occur to the laptop within 24 hours of the occurrence to the Auraria Library AskUs Desk by emailing the Ask Us Desk
- The patron is solely liable for any loss or damage that occurs to the laptop.
In-Library Laptop Checkout Policy
Laptops MUST REMAIN in the library building at all times
- The Laptop is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The Laptop loan period is 4 hours.
- No holds can be placed on the Laptop.
- The replacement fee for a lost Laptop is $500.
- Laptops must be returned to the Ask Us desk.
- Any files stored on the Laptop by user will be deleted once the Laptop is returned.
All laptops have the following software pre-installed:
- Acrobat DC
- Google Earth Pro
- Microsoft Office
- proctoring software (Proctorio, Proctoru, and Lockdown Browser)