The Auraria Library Digital Media Studio (DMS) is a bookable space designed to provide hands-on support for photo, video, and audio production.
- Portfolio photography studio and on-site support
- Video recording studio and on-site support
- Audio recording studio and on-site support
- Drop-in media project support services have moved to the Innovation Garage
Find this Space
We are located on the first floor next to the yellow staircase in the Auraria Library.
Use the New Interactive Floor Maps to view where the DMS space is located inside the library.
Photo, Video, and Audio Studio
Current students, faculty, and staff from CU Denver, MSU Denver, and CCD may reserve the DMS portfolio photography, video and audio recording studio for 30 minutes up to an hour and a half. DMS Staff will provide an equipment overview at the beginning of the appointment and will be available on-site for questions. Cameras and recording equipment are for independent use and DMS staff will not do photographing or recording for you.
The audio studio can be used for recording interviews and narration only, not music.
For same-day reservations, please call 303-315-7760 to confirm availability.
Video and Photo Cameras:
- Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
- 18-55 MM VRII lens (standard)
- Sigma 10-20 MM lens (wide angle)
- Sony A7R III
- 24-70 MM zoom lens
- 6 Apurture Amaran LED kickers
- 3 Apurture Amaran LED panels
- 2 Westcott diffusion umbrellas
- Genaray Spectra three-light LED light kit
- Gold/silver flat reflector panel
- Lavalier mics
- Rode VideoMic Pro Compact VMP Shotgun Microphone
- Paper Backdrops: black, charcoal, gray, light gray, green, cream, white
- Manfrotto tripod with wheels
- Studio Titan monopod with wheels
- Glide Gear iPad Teleprompter
- Pegboard on wheels
- Shure handheld microphone
- Audio-technica headphones
- Lapel mics
- Mic stand with foam insulated sound reflector
- Focusrite pre-amp
- Stereo speakers
- XLR cables
The DMS maintains the Auraria Digital Resources collection, available through ArtStor, and handles faculty requests for the digitization of video, audio, and printed materials to support teaching, learning, and research. Items digitized will be added to this collection. Upon request, items may be digitized with subtitles embedded in them; however, we do not have the ability to provide captioning. Digitization requests are handled in the order they are received and require a minimum of two (2) weeks to complete. At the time of placing your request, we will give you an estimate of when digitization will be complete.
Please be aware that prior to being filled, all digitization requests will be reviewed for compliance with the Auraria Library Digitization Policy. We are unable to fill requests that are not in compliance with this policy.