The Innovation Garage is a support space for multimedia projects. Our lab includes large format printers, a vinyl cutter, 3D printers, and digital media software workstations.
All services in the Innovation Garage are available for current students, staff, and faculty of Auraria Campus by appointment only.
- Large format printers
- Digital media software workstations
- Roll-feed vinyl cutter
- High-resolution flatbed scanners
- 3D printers
- Video conversion equipment
Find this Space
We are located on the first floor next to the 10th Street entrance. Use the Interactive Floor Maps to view where the Innovation Garage is located inside the library.
Make an Appointment
Please use Innovation Garage Services Calendar to request an appointment. Depending on the service requested, we can help you in person, over email, or through Zoom. Due to the level of preparation needed, appointments should be made 48 hours in advance.
We are currently experiencing a staffing shortage in this space; some services may not be available at this time. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
To obtain a price quote, please email the Innovation Garage with your project details and file. All files must be reviewed by Innovation Garage staff before 3D printing, large-format printing, or plotting. See cost information below.
Lab Software / Equipment
Software support is available by appointment in-person or remotely.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Audition, and After Effects
- Audacity audio editor
- DaVinci Resolve
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- iMac workstations
- High-resolution, Epson flatbed scanners
- Video conversion equipment
- 50" Rotatrim paper cutter
All 3D printing, large-format printing, or plotting will begin once payment is received, credit card payments accepted. Same day printing may not be available due to size of print or print queue. Printing is done by appointment.
3D Printing (Service Temporarily Down)
The Innovation Garage has 3D printers available by appointment for Auraria Campus students, faculty, and staff. Printers use PLA filament and have a variety of colors. Printing time varies from minutes to hours depending on detail and size of print. IG staff can assess files and offer guidance, however, we do not do any 3D model creation or modification.
- Ultimaker 3: Dual extruder 3d printer
- Maximum build volume– 8.5” x 8.5” x 7.9”
- Cost- $0.03/minute of printing time
- Lulzbot Mini 3D Printer:
- Maximum build volume– 6” x 6” x 6.2”
- Cost - $0.03/minute of printing time
*Due to the complexity of some prints, PVA support material may be necessary for the completion of a project. PVA filament is quickly soluble in water, bonds well to plastics and prints easy and ideal for highly detailed work where manually removing support material is difficult, if not impossible.
Appropriate Use of 3D Printers
In accordance with the Auraria Campus’s Weapons Policy, Auraria Library 3D printers may not be used to create weapons of any kind or any other item designed to harm others in physical, economic, or social ways.
Filetypes accepted: STL/OBJ
Nozzles available: AA 0.25mm and AA 0.40mm
Large Format Printing
The Innovation Garage has three large-format, high-resolution color printers available by appointment for Auraria campus students, faculty, and staff.
- 17” wide printer: Sheet prints can be made in the following size and paper options. Dimensions can be cut down. Prices are per page. Single side only, printer cannot print double sided.
- 12”x18” Epson Presentation (copy) Paper: $3.00
- 16”x20” Epson Presentation (copy) Paper: $4.50
- 12”x18” Heavyweight Cardstock Paper: $3.50
- 16”x20” Heavyweight Cardstock Paper: $5.00
- 12”x18” Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper: $5.25
- 16”x20” Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper: $7.50
- 24” wide printer: Prints can be a maximum of 24” wide on premium luster photo paper. This service costs $4.00 per linear foot with pricing rounded up to the nearest 25 cents. Prints cannot exceed 60” in length.
- 44” wide printer: Prints can be a maximum of 44” wide on premium luster photo paper. This service costs $7.00 per linear foot with pricing rounded up to the nearest 25 cents. Prints cannot exceed 60” in length.
Smaller artwork may be combined to maximize space.
Recommended Large Format Printing File Settings
300ppi or higher
CMYK or RGB
For assistance in sizing a file for printing, please make an appointment or email file to firstname.lastname@example.org for review or questions.
Design and create your own vinyl stickers. The vinyl cutter uses a small knife to precisely cut a vector outline into a roll of vinyl. Not to be confused with a vinyl printer, our cutter can only accommodate one color vector designs. Available by appointment for Auraria Campus students, faculty, and staff.
- Graphtec CE6000 PLUS Vinyl Cutter Plotter: Vinyl stickers can be a maximum of 18” wide in a variety of colors. This services costs $0.50 per linear inch with pricing rounded up to the nearest inch per color, minimum $1.00. Price includes transfer tape. We’ll also show you how to weed away excess vinyl and prepare the sticker for application elsewhere.